Monday, January 5, 2009

Race week...



Well i'm back at work this week and just in time for the sun to come out and for me to put my legs up and recover. I'm racing the Wild Moa and I'm feeling confident after putting together some solid sessions since my first 'real' tri in Taupo. After returning from Hawaii the XTERRA bug had certainly got me and I was for the first time struggling mentally to prepare for the C2C, swimming became more enjoyable than paddling... who would have thought!? So I made the tough decision to cross to the 'dark' side and become a triathlete, although thanks in the most part to Richard Ussher it's probably all grey now anyway. So I'm going to focus on Ironman and XTERRA for the next 18months and then return to boulder hopping and paddling with a new set of skills and strength, and mentally fresher for sure. Things went pretty well at Taupo for me... I had no real expctations from my first race and to come away with a 7th running 1.22 off the bike I was stoked. My time of 4.22 gives me lot's of confidence leading into Ironman 2009.


2009 has kicked off pretty well for me and hopefully this weekend it will be even better. I raced the NI cup MTB on Saturday, which was a blast, being out sprinted for the win in the senior men by just 2 seconds. My lap times were pretty good compared to the Elite, I think I would have placed somewhere in the top 10, so I was happy with that. This weekends trails for the Moa are all familiar tracks, perfect for my SCOTT Spark, and with Scott being one of the main sponsors i'm hoping for a good race.

See you.

No comments:

Post a Comment