Sunday, January 25, 2009

My new Plasma!!!



Well it has been a crazy last 10 day and probably the most productive time for my racing to date. I went up to Auckland last Friday to sort a few things out, one being to pick up my new Plasma frame and fork and work out some way of putting it all together. After 4 hours of work from Gordon and Tom at Multisport bikes on the shore my new bike was ready to rock and roll! mint. Thanks heaps to Gordy for taking the time to set it all up for me, your a legend! And a big thanks to the crew at Scott bikes for their ongoing support.

After a cocktail or two on Friday night it was time to hit the road come 6.30am Saturday. Strait away the bike felt awesome and it was great to have my power tap woking again (thanks to Adam at Bike75 in Auckland city for that).

We rode for 3.5 hours with some efforts in there and I felt really strong in my new position. I was able to hold 270 watts for 30mins which is higher than previous efforts and a really good sign going forward. After a solid run and swim after the bike it was time to head back to Waynes place for my traditional nana nap - good times. Sunday was a real highlight for me... We paddle d over to Rangitoto island in choppy conditions and it was a blast, especially given I was in the double with Cam Brown. It was great to meet him and have a chat... although sorry about the navigation browny, I'll do better next time. 3 hours of running around the island and a paddle back saw me fairly toasted for the trip back to Taups. It was an awesome weekend and really inspired me to lift my training another level.

This weeks training has gone really well. I've made some big gains on the bike, especially yesterday riding around the lake in 4hrs50 at 222watts, which is a massive PB for me, I think my last PB was 206 watts in December. Vinney (his actual name is Oyvind but ofcourse I'll stick with Vinny) from Norway (the Norwegan Ironman champ) is here for 8 weeks training for Ironman NZ which is going to be great for my training too. He's about 65kg and a little pocket rocket... He pulled Neil and I around the lake yesterday staying in big ring the WHOLE way!! and then pulling away at the end, nice wrok dude. We got our own back on the run though... you dont get 35deg temperatures in Norway, he was really hurting.

So two weeks to go until the Kinloch Tri... things are looking good for a result there I think.

Cam.

No comments:

Post a Comment